Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gray-Because it's American

Gray is the color of reliability, security and maturity. It has a laid back and calm like quality. It’s the color that is always dependable, and always comes through in the end. It is a safe color that is mature and will always be there. Its color than can always be trusted and will always be there when needed. It is the color that will do anything for anyone just to help a friend. It is the most reliable and dependable color there is.

I am gray because I possess very similar qualities to the color. I am extremely dependable to all of my friends. If I have a friend in need I am there immediately to assist them. In the recent snow storm I had a friend slide off the road into a ditch and he couldn’t get his truck out. I came along with my Jeep and a tow strap, and pulled him out of the ditch. When friends are in need I’m usually the first one to be called, because they know that no matter what I will be there and that I am very reliable and will do anything for anyone to help them out.

I have been called mature by my friends and family. I’m usually the one to reel in people if they get out of hand or off task. While working on projects or “The Cabin”, I help to keep everyone working and paying attention to the task we have at hand. I’m able to do this but still have a good time, even though I get the, “yes father”, from all my friends when I do. I am very responsible and I can be trusted with just about anything. I am very capable of handling most any situation.

I am also a very calm and laid back person, like the color. It takes a lot to really get me mad and going. I’m easy going and I usually won’t argue with anyone, I’ll just go along with what they want to do, unless I know for a fact it won’t work or is a bad idea all together. I like to relax when I can and work when I should. This quality allows me to have fun and not to just be all about work.

Gray is the perfect color to match my personality. It is me; it’s all the qualities about me. I am dependable, reliable, secure with myself, and laid back. My friends would all agree that this color describes me and my personality. It is the color I am, and it is color that I like. It says who I am, what I’m about, and what I believe in. It shows the true person that I am inside. Gray is me.

3 comments:

Cole said...

This written very well. It is good how you described what traits you are, and then gave an example that shows how you are that trait. You did a great job at showing the reasons why you are gray.

BlueFlame said...

I think this paper was very good. You explained and gave examples of why you are gray and they were excellent examples. I can relate well to this paper because I am also gray. Great job.

The Jaguar said...

I think you did a good job, el tigre azule. I think what you said has a lot of truth to it, and I would agree that gray is the color that best fits you. I also like the title a lot due to the irony hidden beneath it. I also feel that while you are reliable, you also get stuck, and people like, well gee, I dont know, myself need to pull you out! Overall it was a good paper!